New Guidance for Research with Marijuana

The University of California has updated its guidance document on the use of marijuana in research. This document highlights the applicability of Federal and State laws governing the use of marijuana in research, as well as funding, hemp-related research, working with the cannabis industry, growing or manufacturing marijuana and other important topics. Research with marijuana usually requires a Schedule 1 DEA registration. If you are considering conducting research related to or involving marijuana, please consult the campus Controlled Substances Program Administrator, Jason Mata.

For more information review the updated document here: Information for Researchers on Conducting Marijuana Research at the University of California.