A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provides information on the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals. When ordering a chemical ask that the manufacturer send you, and EH&S, a copy of the SDS for that chemical. The UCSF Office of Environmental Health and Safety is the central repository of Safety Data Sheets - you may contact your Environment, Health and Safety Specialist for copies of SDSs.
The following sites provide easy access to on-line SDS files:
- ChemWatch- UC System SDS resource. UCSF computers will have automatic access to the service.
- US Environmental Protection Agency - Envirofacts Warehouse Chemical References Index
- Macquarie University - Safety Data Sheet Information
- University of Akron - Hazardous Chemical Database
- Vermont SIRI - Collection of Safety Data Sheets
- Oxford University - Database of Safety Data Sheets
- Sigma-Aldrich - Database of Safety Data Sheets