Purchasing Controlled Substances

To order a controlled substance you must have an active CSA. All controlled substances, DEA schedule II-V, must be ordered through Campus Procurement and Contracting (CPC). Controlled substances are regulated by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). The University is obligated to follow the procedure for ordering, delivery and receipt of controlled substances;  therefore; orders of controlled substances MUST go through CPC.

Controlled Substances can be ordered online via BearBuy.  In addition, a Controlled Substances Purchase Approval form must be completed and included with your request as a PDF file approved by your Principal Investigator.  Instructions for entering your order can be found here: Controlled Substances Order Instruction.

For further questions regarding the ordering of controlled substances, please contact the Campus Procurement and Contracting Buyer at 415-502-3045.

Controlled Substances Purchase Approval Form

Updated: 12/06/11