recommendations, and order recommended equipment as needed.
The UCSF Ergonomics & Human Factors Program serves as an adviser to the UCSF campus community and provides the following services:
- Create ergonomics standards, requirements, and guidelines and other resources for departments.
- Promote best practices and provide guidance related to ergonomics and injury prevention.
- Create furniture and design requirements
- Consult with business partners regarding workplace standards, design and engineering.
- Provides ergonomics training, classes and resources.
- Maintain a library of self-help resources and references, including preferred product lists.
- Offer a limited rebate program to eligible employees when funding is available.
Who is Eligible for Campus Ergonomics Assistance?
When three or more employees in one department/group need assistance, a systems-based participatory process is used that maximizes the involvement of employees and supervisors in order to effectively implement group changes. Contact UCSF Ergonomics & Human Factors for more information.
Construction Design & Renovation Projects:
It is never too early to involve the ergonomist in your new plan and projects. UCSF Ergonomics & Human Factors assists project management to ensure that UCSF work environments are created to support environmental stewardship, employee safety, health, productivity and efficient movement–often within limited and shared spaces. Contact the senior ergonomist for design consultations, ergonomics design requirements, and any related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.